You never need to run out of prospects if you get good at getting referrals! Here’s how …
ASKING FOR REFERRALS (while doing Customer Care Calls)
When you have a “satisfied customer”, ask them for referrals:
Step 1- Affirm Success
“You’ve had great results on the products” (or make it specific to their results)…..ie., “You know Sally, you’re telling me how much more energy you have, how much better you sleep and how Juice Plus+ has helped your digestion…….”
Step 2 – Ask the Question
“Sally, my mission is to tell everyone about the benefits of whole
food nutrition and Juice Plus+ and word of mouth is how we spread our message. I could use your help. By referring 5 of your family/friends, wouldn’t it feel good to know that you will be giving the gift of health to them too? And you will be helping me spread the word and I appreciate your partnership on my mission. And if you wish, I could help you offset your monthly cost of Juice Plus+ by referring your friends…..it would be my way of thanking you. Would you be open to helping me out?”
Step 3 – WAIT for reply
If the answer is “No”, thank them for their time and commitment to their personal health. If the answer is “Yes” –
“Great; thank you. What I want to do is go over the kind of people I’m looking for. Can you get out your address book or your contacts on your phone (or friends on facebook) and we can go over this right now?”
These are the types of people I’m looking to help…..
1.) health conscious or athletic people;
2.) people with allergies, asthma, chronic fatigue, autoimmune diseases;
3.) people you know who are tired all the time;
4.) parents with children between 4 and fulltime college students (free product); or
5.) maybe healthcare professionals that you know who are interested in nutrition and eating right.”
WAIT! Wait until they reveal ALL the names they think of. Don’t interrupt while they are thinking out loud just keep jotting the names down!
THEN ask…. “Why do you think they would be interested?” (get as specific as they are comfortable sharing as this will help you when you call their friend/family).
Finally ask for the contact information and assure them that they will be treated as respectfully as you have treated them.
Verbiage for Calling Referrals
If you get good at getting referrals you will never run out of prospects. Once you get a referral, call them.
Calling Referrals is easy if you follow a simple script. Because this person does not know you, you need to use the name of the person they do know. This is called the Referral Umbrella. Use it and it will protect you from the “I don’t know you” fall out.
“Hello _(person’s name)_ ? __(referrers name)__ asked me to call you because he/she said you are looking for some help with (some health issues, or _____) and felt I may be able to help. My name is _________ and I help people feel better, have more energy and reduce their risk of illness or recover from their current health challenges. I may or may not be able to help you, but, would you have just a few minutes now to see if what I have could possibly be what you are looking for. If it’s not, that’s no problem, we will just end the call. Would that be OK?” (yes) “Thank you….and hey, if at any time you don’t feel comfortable with what I am saying, you just let me know….fair enough?”
“Hello _(person’s name)_ ? __(referrers name)__ asked me to call you because he/she said you are looking for ways to increase your income without interfering with what you’re doing now and felt that I may be able to help you. My name is _______________ and I help people create additional income and save on taxes too! I may or may not be able to help you, but, would you have just a couple of minutes now to see if what I have could be a possible fit? If it’s not, that’s no problem. Would that be OK?” (yes) “Thank you….and hey, if at any time you don’t feel comfortable with what I am saying, you just let me know….fair enough?”
1. Confirm who you are talking to: “Hello _(person’s name)_ ?” We do this naturally but it’s important not to forget this step.
2. Referrer’s name: “__(referrers name)__ asked me to call you…”. Get the Referrer’s name out as quickly as possible. You’re not a telemarketer when they know the same person you know. Why did their friend want you to call them: “…because he/she said you are …(the problem to be solved)…”. There has to be a reason for you to call so get that reason on the table quickly. The reason is particular to that person and that will catch their attention. The reason will fall under one of four general categories: health, job, finances, or time freedom.
3. Your name and what you do: “My name is _______________ and I help people….”. Now that the referral and you have a common point (the referrer), it’s time to introduce yourself. What you do should tie back to why their friend asked you to call.
4. Ask for the time to talk: “I may or may not be able to help you, but, would you have just a couple of minutes now to see if what I have could be a possible fit.” You’re asking permission to take a few minutes of their time when they weren’t even expecting a call. This simple courtesy puts you on the right foot. This is a soft approach that makes them comfortable because you’re not assuming you have all the answers for them.
5. Easy Exit: “If it’s not, that’s no problem. Would that be OK?” People hate to be trapped by sales people. When they’re trapped, they can only think about how to get out. By showing them they have an easy out, they will talk more openly with you. The question at the end just gets an agreement so you can proceed.
Example: “Hello _(person’s name)_ ? __(referrers name)__ asked me to call
you because he/she said you are looking for help with some health issues and
felt I may be able to help you. My name is _______________ and I show people new technology that their doctors are not aware of that’s helped thousands of people like myself. I may or may not be able to help you, but, would you have just a couple of minutes now to see if what I have could be a possible answer. If it’s not, that’s no problem. Would that be OK?”
Referral Email or Letter – Sample
I am so pleased that you are taking your Juice Plus+ consistently, and that you’ve noticed several benefits (name them). It’s also good to hear that you (or your kids) are actually eating more fruits & vegetables!
My business relies on sharing the gift of good health with others. Now you have developed a belief in Juice Plus+, you may want to recommend it to your family and friends.
We have an excellent referral program (we call it the Friends and Family Program) which would help you to offset the cost of your Juice Plus+, or even make an additional $500-$1000 a month.
I’d be happy to do a wellness event in your home or invite them to one at mine – whatever you think would be best.
Alternatively, I’d be happy to contact some of them for you, and be sure to give you a thank-you gift for any that become Juice Plus+ customers.
If you’re interested in knowing more, please don’t hesitate to email me or call: xxx-xxx-xxxx.